MENDAKI Leadership Incubator
MENDAKI Youth Accelerator
Creating a more effective youth social innovation programme
MENDAKI approached Syinc to help them figure out how Design Thinking might help them develop a more effective youth-centric social innovation programme.
They were particularly interested in how better understanding users/beneficiaries would lead to more innovative programme concepts.
We had several sessions where we explored what MENDAKI wanted to get out of the programme
- tie the education programme closer to the real world projects
- DT should come in at the concept formation stage, otherwise difficult to change projects that have already begun
- DT should be structured alongside with implementation of projects, and should account for project pivoting
- because DT is best learnt by doing (an actual project)
- empathy is critical, but challenging to develop